Wherever you are on your motherhood journey, I am glad you are here.
The time leading up to welcoming a baby and thereafter can be very exciting and overwhelming.
Together, we discover practical solutions to support you as you prepare for and adjust to life with your little one(s).
MEET THE FOUNDER
Leora felt blindsided and lost when welcoming her first child in 2012 and wishes she had someone with her background as an occupational therapist to help her navigate pregnancy and postpartum. She practiced occupational therapy across a variety of settings including inpatient rehabilitation, mental health and pediatrics.
She launched the first county-approved community-based early intervention therapeutic play program earlier in her career. Young children and families were delighted to work towards their therapy goals in the most natural setting- alongside peers in the community.
While pregnant in 2019, a fetal diagnosis at the 21 week anatomy scan was devastating. This ultimately became a source of motivation to complete specialized trainings and a certification in Perinatal Mental Health. Leora is passionate about helping moms feel well throughout their pregnancy and postpartum journeys. She strives to understand her clients’ unique needs and provide skilled support for daily life.
Leora lives in New York with her family and is the proud mom of three busy kids, born in 2012, 2014 and 2020. She is fueled by nature, sports and adventure-- especially skiing, cycling and boating.
Click here to connect.
CERTIFICATION, TRAINING & SPECIAL INTERESTS
Licensed Occupational Therapist
Perinatal Mental Health - Certified via Postpartum Support International.
Post-Graduate Fellowship, University of Rochester - Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND). Blending research, academic and clinical experiences to bridge gaps and create innovative solutions to barriers in health care systems.
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Ithaca College
- Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training
- Maternal Health and Occupational Therapy: Exploring Our Role with New Mothers
- The Role of Occupational Therapy in the Postpartum Period to Improve Occupational Performance and Role Satisfaction
- Perinatal Mental Health and Occupational Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions for Anxiety, Depression and Trauma
- Certificate in Women's Health: Today's Best Practices for Improving Recovery and Outcomes
- Sensory and Motor Learning
- NICU Interventions
- Effective Early Intervention
Click here to connect.